Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Well, It has been a long time since I Blogged and a lot happened.  Mike got adopted with another greyhound and Mike and the other hound didn’t get along real well so they returned Mike.  He is in a different foster home right now and is getting along well there. He is becoming a Velcro dog with this foster dad.
Rollie was returned.  I try to keep in contact with the adoptive families, but his mom wasn't interested in talking about Rollie, so I stopped trying to contact with her.  Rollie was adopted in June 2014.  Out of the blue, we got a call saying his mom is moving into an apartment and couldn’t take the dog.  What???? Anyway, I took him in, of course.  I had forgotten about Rollies quirks.  When I send my foster dogs to their new homes, I write a book about what the dog does, what he needs, how to comfort him, etc.  When Rollie was returned, I received the dog, and his book.  The book contains his medical records.  My info to her was not included so it was like starting over.  I texted her a couple of times, to get info. She would give me that info and that was it.  She never asked how he is, if he is doing ok, or anything.  Very strange, cause she loved him from the minute she met him.  People are weird.
My three dogs and Rollie were getting along fine.  Then a couple wanted to adopt Rollie. It didn’t work out.  Rollie is too social to be an only dog with people that work all day.  He didn’t work out for them, so he came back to me.  That's ok cause he is the "fun" dog.  When we got the next batch of retirees from Alabama, I wanted Rollie to be here as the official greeter.  In the past, he would be gleefully welcoming everyone to his yard.  This time, he was snarly and grumpy.  I had to leave River and Rollie in the house most of the time the new dogs were here.  But he calmed down and when I let him out again, he was the normal social dog that makes him so adorable.
I've decided to be very particular about who gets Rollie.  I don’t want him to bounce back again.  He needs a home where there is a playful greyhound or other large animal and no small dogs or cats. He needs to have free range of the house, including a dog bed or couch.  He needs a yard to run in, sun in, and observe life as it goes by.  He needs someone that will walk him a couple times a week and let him go with them in the car once a week.  He needs to be part of a loving home where the people understand greyhounds..  I think my criteria may be too specific, but that would be perfect for him. Oh and he needs a patient person to clean up after him when he goes potty in the house, or get up in the middle of the night to let him out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment