Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Live and Learn

Before the 6 foster dogs got here, I prepared the panacur balls, and froze them.  I put 5 droncits in 5 packages, one package for each dog, and then I added  heart worm pills for each of the 5 dogs.  I put all these individual packages into 5  big Ziploc bags with instructions for each medication, then I labeled each bag with the foster family's name, thus ensuring each family got one. Everyone got their package and their dog. I was pretty happy with myself, each time I do this I learn what could have gone better and try to fix it the next time. Did you notice we got 6 foster dogs, and I only made 5 packages?  Well, why would I need to make a package for myself?
Fognoston loves to eat, so the 5 days of panacur for tape, whip and ringworms, dispensed on schedule. Good for me! Heart worm pill given to Fog and eaten.  Good for me.  Wrote on a sticky note the date heart worm pill dispensed, and placed sticky note in Ostn's foster book.  I learned this from another foster mom. This way if you forget to tell the adopting family when the heart worm pill was given, it is in the book.  And if I forget when I gave it to him, all I have to do is look in his book.  Genius, I think.
So I am sitting in an endless meeting this afternoon, and my dog sitter texts me.  She texts me every day when she lets the dogs out and pets them AND picks up the poo in the yard. (4 dogs make a lot of poo!)www.doggoneityardduty.com.  She usually sends pictures of Ace on the deck, or River following her around, or Macho in the pool, with info about what dooty they did in the yard, or quirky thing they did.  I forgot my reading glasses so I had a hard time reading the message.  I borrowed someones reading glasses, and proceeded to read "There are little rice looking worms that are moving in piles of poop".  Picture of poop included.  I could include that picture here, but I that would be a poopy picture. I was really happy I didn't have someone read that to me! It probably would have be been the talk of the meeting.  After the meeeting I called the vet, and of course these are the worms that the droncit kills. And I forgot to give him the droncit.  Next time, I will make myself a package so the worms don't come in!  Live and Learn....

No comments:

Post a Comment