Thursday, July 25, 2013

Who?

Lostndafog was to be called Ostn.  Ostn knows his name is Fog.  He almost responds when the name Fog is used.  Some book I read said if you want to change a dogs name, add the new name to the beginning or ending of the name it knows and eventually he will respond to the new name.  So I started calling him Ostnfog, which quickly became Fostndog, or Ostndog, or Fostnostn, FognOstn or Fred.  I don't think he learn his new name this way!  Now he doesn't respond to anything, but occasionally he will respond to Fred.
Fog likes Bill more than he likes me.  That is ok with me.  Bill talks to Fostnog, and he wags his tail and gets puppylike.  When I talk to him, he looks at me, and goes back to doing whatever he was doing before I interrupted him.
Fognostn is only 2 1/2 so he has several puppy qualities.  He discovered the joy of counter-surfing.  With his feet on the counter, he can reach all the way to the back wall.  Numerous "Nos" and "DOWN" and physically moving him wasn't teaching him to not stand on the counter.  So one day, all the dogs were in the house, I was in the garage, Bill was out of the house. All was quiet in the house until I heard CRASH and something breaking when it hit the tile floor. As I quickly got into the kitchen, I was hoping that the crock pot didn't fall on the floor. I came in, and found a scared Fostendog standing in the midst of a broken ceramic coffee cup. Thankfully, Ostnfog was not hurt.  I ordered him out of the kitchen.  I did notice that the others didn't budge throughout the event.  Fred came into the kitchen as I finished cleaning, head low, tail tucked, and just stood there.
Now he counter-surfs, but the paws never leave the floor.  His nose is just able to reach the edge of the counter, and when he finds something that interests him, he stands in one spot and sniffs.
Sky would give me a 1 Roo for not knowing what to call him and a 2 Roos for learning the hard way not to counter surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment